If you’re a fan of dirt racing, then you’re probably already familiar with Grandview Speedway Inc. Located in Bechtelsville, PA, the track is one of the premier dirt track racing facilities in the area, and has been a favorite destination for fans and drivers alike for many years. But if you’re new to the sport, or new to the area, you might be wondering what you need to know about Grandview Speedway.
Read more as we’ll take a closer look at the history of the track, the types of racing you can expect to see there, and some tips for getting the most out of your experience at this place.
Grandview Speedway is a racing venue that has been operational since 1963. Initially, it was a quarter-mile oval, but it was changed to its current half-mile design in 1972. Throughout the years, the speedway has undergone various renovations and upgrades, such as new pit areas, grandstands, and an up-to-date scoring system.
The track has a rich history of hosting renowned drivers in dirt track racing, such as Sammy Beavers, Kenny Brightbill, and Billy Pauch. Even today, it remains a popular spot for both drivers and fans alike.
If you’re a fan of dirt track racing, then this track is definitely the place to be. The track hosts a variety of different racing series throughout the season, including:
Modifieds – At Grandview Speedway, the Modifieds are the premier racing series. They are known for their high-horsepower cars that can reach speeds of up to 100 miles per hour on straightaways. The Modifieds offer exciting races with lots of passing and close competition.
Sportsman – The Sportsman Series showcases cars with slightly less power than the Modifieds, but it is still a popular attraction for fans due to its thrilling performance.
Late Models – The late models are a newly-added type of race car at the track, and have already gained popularity among fans. These cars are fast and have a sleek design, making them the highest level of dirt track racing and always providing an exciting race. Learn more
If you’re planning to attend a race at Grandview Speedway Inc, there are a few things you can do to ensure that you have an enjoyable experience. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Arrive early – To secure good seats, it is recommended to arrive early. Given that the grandstands at the track can fill up quickly during race nights, it is advisable to get there well before the races begin.
2. Bring earplugs – If you’re planning to watch dirt track racing, make sure to bring earplugs to protect your hearing from the loud sounds. You can either bring your own or buy them at the track.
3. Dress appropriately – In the summer months, the temperature can drop at night; therefore, it is advisable to wear layers in order to stay comfortable throughout the evening.
4. Don’t be afraid to ask questions – If you don’t know about dirt track racing, feel free to ask questions; the track staff are always willing to assist new fans in understanding more about the sport.
5. Rules regarding bringing alcoholic drinks – You may bring alcoholic beverages to this place, but you must follow the rules. You must be 21 years or older to bring alcohol and must drink responsibly and respect other track fans. And do take note that there are limitations on the size of coolers you can bring.
Finally, visitors often take pictures and record videos of the races at Grandview Speedway. To ensure good results, here are some tips for taking photos and videos during race events:
1. Make sure you are mindful of your environment and show respect to both onlookers and drivers.
2. Please refrain from using flash photography or video recording lights, as they may be distracting to the competitors on the track.
3. When using cameras or drones, only use ones that have been approved by Grandview Speedway and adhere to its guidelines.
4. To avoid interfering with the drivers on the racetrack, make sure to maintain a distance of at least 50 feet from the track while capturing photos and videos.
5. Always be respectful of people’s privacy, and do not take their pictures without their consent.
All in all, Grandview Speedway Inc. in Bechtelsville, PA is an excellent dirt track racing venue in America, featuring top-notch drivers competing for top honors. The thrilling action, close finishes, and exciting moments throughout the night make it an experience not to be missed.